Dr Dre Sells Off Record Collection Of Around 80000
Posted on December 7, 2010 by Jamie Slaughter
Dr Dre has revealed that he has sold off his vast 80,000 record collection.
The Chronic album insert pictures showed off some of the collection, where he can be seen sitting in a room littered with records, both on the walls and on the floor. Mel Man took these pictures which are now the only memory Dre has of the collection.
In an interview with Vibe, Dre was quizzed on the vinyl collection before stating.
"The record collection is gone now," he said.
Dre mentioned that he didn't have a use for the records anymore, so thought it was time to sell them off, despite holding on to a treasured few.
"What I did was just went through and jotted down everything I was in love with so I could order it [later]," Dre said.
Dre said that he had kept a hold of Curtis Mayfield's "Super Fly" soundtrack, Nirvana's 1989 debut "Bleach", and Barry White's "Greatest Hits".
To read/write comments either login or register!
Breaking Hip Hop News
- Mhz Legacy Tracklist And Album Cover Revealed
- Common Hoping To Record Again With Kanye West
- Slaughterhouse Welcome To Our House Tracklist
- Torae Off The Record Ep Tracklist Revealed
- Jay Electronica Act Ii Patents Of Nobility Tracks
- Young Buck Given Three Year Prison Sentence
- 50 Cent Announces New Album Release Date
- Hiphopreaction Now On Facebook And Twitter
- Birdman Reveals New Album Launch Date
- Bob Announces Strange Clouds Release Date
Popular Hip Hop News